Matooke Republic
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
Matooke Republic
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
No Result
View All Result
Matooke Republic
No Result
View All Result

Hamis Kiggundu denies being first family frontman

Matooke Republic by Matooke Republic
March 6, 2017
in Business, Featured Stories
Reading Time: 2 mins read
29
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Ham showing his Nakivubo development plans to President Museveni.

Word going around town is that young tycoon Hamis Kiggundu, the businessman at the centre of last week’s Nakivubo Park Yard evictions is fronted by the first family to run business on their behalf. Kiggundu has denied the claims.




“It is not true that I get money from the first Family,” the 33-year-old Kiggundu was quoted in Sunday Monitor.

RELATED POSTS

Samsung and Watu Simu empower over 500,000 Ugandans with affordable smartphones

FULL LIST: Winners and Losers in the NRM CEC Elections

 “However, I thank the President for making the country peaceful because business people like us wouldn’t have become successful (without peace). It is the peace that the President has created which makes us rich,” he said.

 “I am a hardworking person and I must admit that this is one of the reasons why I am successful today. All those who think that I get money from the First Family are totally mistaken,” he said.

Ham Towers in Wandegeya.

Kiggundu came to the limelight after opening Ham Towers in Wandegeya, following it up with Ham Shopping Mall in downtown Kampala, before his palatial lakeside mansion on the shores of Lake Victoria in Kawuku, Bunga became the talk of town when pictures surfaced on social media.

Last week, Park Yard market vendors woke up to a demolished market, only a couple of days after having given a 30-day ultimatum to vacate the market by Kampala Minister Betty Kamya.

The stadium’s redevelopment plan.

Kiggundu was given a go ahead by president Museveni to develop Nakivubo War Memorial Stadium after a meeting at the president’s country home in Rwakitura in January 2015. Kiggundu had earlier signed an agreement with the stadium’s board of trustees to develop the stadium.

One of the reasons Kamya gave for the eviction was that FIFA cannot allow international games to take place at Nakivubo because it doesn’t have a parking lot. Kiggundu plans to construct a 930-vehicle parking lot in the area.

Other plans include setting up 1,500 lock up shops, construct a perimeter wall around the stadium and upgrade it from a 15,000-seater to a 25,000-seater.

The stadium is now closed and works have commenced.

According to the deal signed with Nakivubo management, Kiggundu will manage the stadium for an initial four years with a one year grace period of not remitting income to Nakivubo Stadium management, to allow him recover his investment.

Kiggundu has already started works, despite a pending court case where three other companies claim they had been given different sections of the stadium to develop, but Nakivubo management made a U-turn and awarded the entire contract to Kiggundu.




Related

Tags: First FamilyHamHami KiggunduMuseveniNakivuboParkYard
Share12Tweet7Send
Matooke Republic

Matooke Republic

Freshly peeled info from area code 256

Related Posts

L-R: Minister Rebecca Kadaga, President Yoweri Museveni and Speaker Anita Among.

FULL LIST: Winners and Losers in the NRM CEC Elections

by Matooke Republic
2 days ago

...

President Yoweri Museveni.

Museveni sacks top aide, senior State House officials in corruption crackdown

by Matooke Republic
3 weeks ago

...

CHAN 2024: Museveni pledges Shs1.2 billion per win to Uganda Cranes

by Matooke Republic
4 weeks ago

...

Why Museveni ordered the sacking of 152 Entebbe Airport staff

by Matooke Republic
2 months ago

...

President Yoweri Museveni chairing a meeting with IPOD members earlier this week.

NUP to miss out on Shs7.5 billion each political party is supposed to receive from government — Here’s Why

by Matooke Republic
2 months ago

...

Next Post

Lugaflow rapper Big Sam Yiga set to release massive 22 track album on Women’s day

Senior citizen, former finance minister and Buganda Katikkiro, Joash Mayanja Nkangi is dead

RECOMMENDED

ARAPAPA by Santa Anzo to headline Pearl of Africa Night at UNAA 2025 in strategic tie-up with Inspire Africa Group

August 29, 2025
Bobkins Kibirige of Kibo Media.

Kenya taps Uganda’s Bobkins Kibirige for CHAN final crowd control

August 29, 2025
  • 642 Followers
  • 23.9k Followers

MOST VIEWED

  • Uganda vs Senegal: CAF reduces online ticket purchases per person ahead of quarter-final clash this Saturday

    573 shares
    Share 229 Tweet 143
  • How to buy tickets for CHAN 2024 matches in Uganda

    550 shares
    Share 220 Tweet 138
  • FULL LIST: Winners and Losers in the NRM CEC Elections

    122 shares
    Share 49 Tweet 31
  • New Desire Luzinda nud3s leak: Is she back to naked past?

    239 shares
    Share 96 Tweet 60
  • Jose Chameleone’s wife Daniella Atim files for divorce over desertion and emotional neglect; Seeks custody of five children and ownership of Sseguku matrimonial home

    80 shares
    Share 32 Tweet 20
Matooke Republic

Uganda's only free Newspaper. Out every Thursday. Freshly peeled info. kiwatule, Kampala, Uganda.

  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos

© Matooke Republic 2024

© Matooke Republic 2024

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.