Music promoter Andrew Mukasa alias Bajjo has today afternoon cracked the ribs of Buganda Road court attendees after his case of inciting violence and offensive communication against the President was pushed to next year in January.
Bajjo told court how will be dead by 2020, “I will be dead by 2020. My case should be concluded this year.”
However, Bajjo’s comments yielded nothing as the Grade One magistrate Marion Mageni maintained her stand of pushing the case to January 13, 2020.
Bajjo appeared in court today for announcement on whether his case is dismissed or maintained. Last month, trial Magistrate at the Buganda Road Court, Ms Stellah Amabilisi threatened to dismiss a case after state prosecutor told court that he had no Police file for Bajjo’s case.
Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago, who is the promoter’s lawyer, told court to dismiss the case saying that the state cannot say there is no Police file yet the matter was brought way back in June.
“I appreciate your concerns; however when this case came up I had issues but let us give the state a benefit of doubt. If there are no witnesses on December 2, this case will be dismissed,” Ms Amabilisi ruled.