Matooke Republic
Sunday, August 31, 2025
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
Matooke Republic
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
No Result
View All Result
Matooke Republic
No Result
View All Result

Ebola: Museveni says there will be no lockdown

Matooke Republic by Matooke Republic
November 4, 2022
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
11
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

President Yoweri Museveni has allayed fears of a lockdown over the Ebola Virus Disease break out in the country.

“Regarding the Ebola situation, there will be no lockdown. Therefore, people should go ahead and concentrate on their work without worry,” Museveni said during a Diwali Festival evening he hosted for the Indian community at State House in Entebbe.

After cases of Ebola were reported in Kampala, there were fears of a lockdown as the epicenter districts of the epidermic – Mudende and Kassanda had been placed under lockdown for a 21-day period in mid-October.

RELATED POSTS

FULL LIST: Winners and Losers in the NRM CEC Elections

Delegates have been bribed with iPads, phones, and Shs300,000 each — Kadaga

Museveni made the reassurance following remarks business magnate Sudhir Ruparelia who said that following the Covid-19 lockdown, an Ebola lockdown would be devasting to the business community in the country.

“We have had different people from the Ministry of Health making different kinds of statements in the public domain, threatening a lockdown. It is causing lots of negative effects in the hotel industries, schools and other sectors of business. Already millions of dollars have been lost,” Sudhir said.

“We are just coming out of Covid and we are suffering heavy commodity prices, supply chain and shipping costs and on top of this we have issues of Ukraine that raised energy prices worldwide and brought uncertainty. We fear a lockdown and the effects it will cause but we leave it to your wisdom to help us go through it in the best way possible,” Sudhir said.

Museveni gave reassurances that there will be no Ebola lockdown. However, he cautioned the public to be more vigilant and observe the SOPs put in place to control the spread of the disease.

“Just wave, don’t shake hands. Avoid human contact,” he said.

“Ebola is not very serious like Corona because Corona was infecting through the air, through breathing; very dangerous. You sit in a bus, a church in an office near one another, you are infected. But with Ebola you only get infected by not only touching, but touching intimately; closely, not just casually. Even if someone with Ebola touches your skin, it will not enter your body. It enters through the soft parts of the body. The eyes, the mouth, the sexual organs and so on,” he said.

The first case of Ebola was reported on September 19. The case fatality ratio so far is 38 per cent with 48 out of 131 cases succumbing to the disease.

Related

Tags: Ebola OutbreakLockdownMuseveni
Share4Tweet3Send
Matooke Republic

Matooke Republic

Freshly peeled info from area code 256

Related Posts

L-R: Minister Rebecca Kadaga, President Yoweri Museveni and Speaker Anita Among.

FULL LIST: Winners and Losers in the NRM CEC Elections

by Matooke Republic
3 days ago

...

President Yoweri Museveni.

Museveni sacks top aide, senior State House officials in corruption crackdown

by Matooke Republic
3 weeks ago

...

CHAN 2024: Museveni pledges Shs1.2 billion per win to Uganda Cranes

by Matooke Republic
4 weeks ago

...

Why Museveni ordered the sacking of 152 Entebbe Airport staff

by Matooke Republic
2 months ago

...

President Yoweri Museveni chairing a meeting with IPOD members earlier this week.

NUP to miss out on Shs7.5 billion each political party is supposed to receive from government — Here’s Why

by Matooke Republic
2 months ago

...

Next Post

Twitter fires half of its employees

The Simba Group Founder, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, was recognised by the Africa Tourism Leadership Forum (ATLF) for showing tremendous entrepreneurship impact in Africa’s hospitality industry. ATLF is a Pan-African dialogue platform that brings together key stakeholders of Africa’s travel, tourism, hospitality and aviation sectors.

Tycoon Bitature named Entrepreneur of the Year at the African Tourism Leadership Forum

RECOMMENDED

Mercy Nyanchama.

Olomi, Nyanchama share lead ahead of final round of Johnnie Walker Uganda Open Golf Championship Ladies Open

August 30, 2025

Liverpool vs Arsenal: End the summer on a high note

August 30, 2025
  • 642 Followers
  • 23.9k Followers

MOST VIEWED

  • Uganda vs Senegal: CAF reduces online ticket purchases per person ahead of quarter-final clash this Saturday

    574 shares
    Share 230 Tweet 144
  • How to buy tickets for CHAN 2024 matches in Uganda

    551 shares
    Share 220 Tweet 138
  • FULL LIST: Winners and Losers in the NRM CEC Elections

    128 shares
    Share 51 Tweet 32
  • New Desire Luzinda nud3s leak: Is she back to naked past?

    240 shares
    Share 96 Tweet 60
  • Jose Chameleone’s wife Daniella Atim files for divorce over desertion and emotional neglect; Seeks custody of five children and ownership of Sseguku matrimonial home

    80 shares
    Share 32 Tweet 20
Matooke Republic

Uganda's only free Newspaper. Out every Thursday. Freshly peeled info. kiwatule, Kampala, Uganda.

  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos

© Matooke Republic 2024

© Matooke Republic 2024

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.