Matooke Republic
Saturday, November 29, 2025
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
Matooke Republic
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
No Result
View All Result
Matooke Republic
No Result
View All Result

Relief: Court blocks businessman Kiconco from evicting residents of Lusanja

Norman Mwambazi by Norman Mwambazi
March 5, 2020
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

On October 4 last year, High Court Judge Tadeo Asiimwe ruled that businessman Medard Kiconco is the rightful owner of the disputed 85 acres of land in Lusanja along Mpererwe-Kiteezi road, and gave residents 30 days within which they should leave the land to pave way for Kiconco to do what he wants to do on it.

The residents appealed the judge’s ruling, and they have got a breather as a different High Court Judge, Justice Henrietta Wolayo has today, Thursday March 5, 2020 blocked Kiconco from evicting them.

Justice Wolayo has issued a “Stay of Execution” order in consideration of hundreds of Lusanja residents that were about to be evicted.  

RELATED POSTS

Bullets, tear gas, dogs! These make the Pearl of Africa bleed — Katikkiro Mayiga urges calm during campaigns

Mike Mukula says his son was poisoned

The land wrangle

Towards the end of 2018, a fierce battle about who the rightful owner of over 85 acres of land in Lusanja along Mpererwe-Kiteezi road broke out where businessman Medard Kiconco used his eviction team to destroy houses and other properties of over 127 residents of the area.

Kiconco’s actions drew in wide coverage from the media and attracted politicians and the general public who majorly sympathized with the residents. The residents dragged Kiconco to court in search of justice and solace, but Kiconco also filed a case where he demanded compensation of over Shs500 million in damages in damages.

Kiconco did not get the compensation, but got the eviction ruling in his favour as Court based its ruling on the evidence presented that showed that these residents bought the land from a one Crispa Bitarabeho who had no right to sell, making their titles and agreements null and void.

Court said that what makes Kiconco the rightful owner of the land at Lusanja is that he bought it from the lawful owner Paul Katabazi Bitabareho in 2016. The outcome of this ruling had rendered over 300 families homeless.

Related

Tags: Land EvictionsLusanjaMedard Kiconco
Share2Tweet1Send
Norman Mwambazi

Norman Mwambazi

Writing is my substitute for worry. Live. Love. Laugh. Be Good.

Related Posts

Broker remanded over land grabbing, demolition of house

by Matooke Republic
3 years ago

...

Museveni bans land evictions

by Matooke Republic
4 years ago

...

LAST WEEK IN REVIEW: Double celebration for Uganda as Joshua Cheptegei wins gold and Esther and Ezekiel crowned winners of EA Got Talent competition, while Jonathan McKinstry takes on Uganda Cranes job

by William Kasoba
6 years ago

...

Court gives Lusanja residents 30 days to vacate the land, says Kiconco is the rightful owner

by Norman Mwambazi
6 years ago

...

Bobi Wine: We shall die here in Kamwokya defending our land from those who want to illegally evict us.

by Matooke Republic
7 years ago

...

Next Post
Uganda Tourism Board, Corona virus

Tourism Board asks tourists from Coronavirus affected countries to delay their travel to Uganda until the disease is contained

Kassav.

Sheraton Gardens confirmed for Uganda-France Friendship Week 2020 Kassav and Vegedream concert

RECOMMENDED

UBA Uganda, UBTS step up nationwide blood donation drive

November 28, 2025

Afro Exchange Creative Summit Ignites Kampala with a Celebration of Uganda’s Creative Firepower

November 28, 2025

MOST VIEWED

  • Here are the requirements you must have to pick your new national ID

    124 shares
    Share 50 Tweet 31
  • Mike Mukula says his son was poisoned

    31 shares
    Share 12 Tweet 8
  • How URA’s armed investigation officers raided KFC’s office in Kololo

    24 shares
    Share 10 Tweet 6
  • OC Ntawo Police Station in Mukono shot dead

    23 shares
    Share 9 Tweet 6
  • From Nakulabye to Houston: Ugandan entrepreneur Jalia Walda opens one of America’s largest 24/7 express braiding salons

    18 shares
    Share 7 Tweet 5
Matooke Republic

Uganda's only free Newspaper. Out every Thursday. Freshly peeled info. kiwatule, Kampala, Uganda.

  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos

© Matooke Republic 2024

© Matooke Republic 2024

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.