Matooke Republic
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
Matooke Republic
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
No Result
View All Result
Matooke Republic
No Result
View All Result

Gov’t speaks out after Namibia declines to extend Kabaka’s stay

Matooke Republic by Matooke Republic
July 18, 2024
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Kabaka Ronald Mutebi II.

Kabaka Ronald Mutebi II.

23
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

State Minister for Foreign Affairs Henry Oryem Okello has said that Ugandans must respect the decision made by Namibia to decline to extend Kabaka Ronald Mutebi’s stay in their country.

Oryem says that worldwide, each country has its own laws, which must be respected by everyone. However, he revealed that the decline might have been due to the bickering that has been ongoing since the Kabaka went to Namibia.

State Minister for Foreign Affairs Henry Oryem Okello.

“Since Kabaka Mutebi went to Namibia, many people have turned the country into – as if it were a market where they enter as they wish. Namibia has decided that they are not interested in this kind of bad publicity, and we should respect the Namibian position,” Oryem said.

RELATED POSTS

FULL LIST: Winners and Losers in the NRM CEC Elections

Delegates have been bribed with iPads, phones, and Shs300,000 each — Kadaga

On Wednesday, the Namibian state media reported that the government had declined the visa extension request for the Kabaka.

The Kabaka had travelled to Namibia privately on medical grounds in April and had been recuperating at the Okonguari Psychotherapeutic Centre.

It was reported that the Executive Director at Okonguari Psychotherapeutic Centre, Dr Daleen de Lange, had requested a visa extension for the Kabaka, which was denied.

The Buganda Kingdom is yet to officially comment on the developments.

Meanwhile, about a week ago, the Buganda Clan Heads who had travelled to Namibia to check on the Kabaka were arrested by the authorities in Namibia. President Yoweri Museveni addressed the matter, accusing them of not following the right protocols. He said their actions embarrassed the country.

Related

Tags: Government of UgandaKabaka MutebiNamibia
Share9Tweet6Send
Matooke Republic

Matooke Republic

Freshly peeled info from area code 256

Related Posts

Gov’t hands over Kiteezi landfill to Ghanaian investor to build a modern waste treatment and disposal facility

by Matooke Republic
11 months ago

...

Elephants.

Namibia to cull over 700 wild animals and distribute meat to people affected by drought

by Matooke Republic
1 year ago

...

Kabaka Ronald Muwenda Mutebi II and Nnaabagereka Sylvia Nagginda.

Kabaka’s children speak out after his return to Uganda from Namibia

by Matooke Republic
1 year ago

...

Hon. Fred Opolot (second right), the Deputy Chairperson of the Committee on Foreign Affairs making his presentation.

Gov’t seeks Shs6 billion for NAM post-summit activities

by Matooke Republic
2 years ago

...

Eddy Kenzo and Cindy Sanyu.

Artistes to receive Shs13 billion from gov’t, but will it go to Cindy’s UMA or Kenzo’s Federation?

by Matooke Republic
2 years ago

...

Next Post

"Kololo is not available for your anniversary celebration," Gov't tells NUP

Speke Resort Munyonyo plays host to Rugby Africa Cup teams

RECOMMENDED

Samsung and Watu Simu empower over 500,000 Ugandans with affordable smartphones

August 28, 2025

Kabira Country Club Introduces Signature Indian Cuisine Experience

August 28, 2025
  • 642 Followers
  • 23.9k Followers

MOST VIEWED

  • Uganda vs Senegal: CAF reduces online ticket purchases per person ahead of quarter-final clash this Saturday

    573 shares
    Share 229 Tweet 143
  • How to buy tickets for CHAN 2024 matches in Uganda

    547 shares
    Share 219 Tweet 137
  • FULL LIST: Winners and Losers in the NRM CEC Elections

    88 shares
    Share 35 Tweet 22
  • New Desire Luzinda nud3s leak: Is she back to naked past?

    237 shares
    Share 95 Tweet 59
  • Jose Chameleone’s wife Daniella Atim files for divorce over desertion and emotional neglect; Seeks custody of five children and ownership of Sseguku matrimonial home

    78 shares
    Share 31 Tweet 20
Matooke Republic

Uganda's only free Newspaper. Out every Thursday. Freshly peeled info. kiwatule, Kampala, Uganda.

  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos

© Matooke Republic 2024

© Matooke Republic 2024

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.