Matooke Republic
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
Matooke Republic
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
No Result
View All Result
Matooke Republic
No Result
View All Result

Second Ebola victim dies, government issues preventive guidelines

Rachael Kulanyi by Rachael Kulanyi
June 13, 2019
in Health
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Congolese officials and the World Health Organization officials wear protective suits as they participate in a training against the Ebola virus near the town of Beni in North Kivu province of the Democratic Republic of Congo, August 11, 2018. REUTERS/Samuel Mambo

Congolese officials and the World Health Organization officials wear protective suits as they participate in a training against the Ebola virus near the town of Beni in North Kivu province of the Democratic Republic of Congo, August 11, 2018. REUTERS/Samuel Mambo

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Uganda Health Ministry has confirmed the death of another Ebola victim. The deceased is a 50 year old who happens to be the grandmother of the five year old boy who died yesterday from the same epidemic. This brings the death toll to two.

According to the Health Ministry Spokesperson Emmanuel Ainebyona, the family had travelled from Congo to attend a function in Kasese. They were then suspected to be Ebola victims and a test was immediately conducted on them.

The siblings and their grandmother tested positive of the Ebola virus and were put in an isolation centre at Bwera Hospital Ebola Treatment Unit in Kasese for treatment but two of them have since passed on.

RELATED POSTS

Ugandan scientists move closer to HIV treatment injection taken once every two months that could replace daily ARV pills

Here are the health facilities offering the “HIV-Preventing Injection”

Nevertheless, authorities in Democratic Republic of Congo say, the family had been stopped from proceeding to Uganda but they insisted on continuing with their journey.

The Minister for Health, Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng has urged the public and people living near the Uganda- Congo border to keep good personal hygiene, avoid  public gatherings like market days, burials and weddings as government continues to work with partners to contain the outbreak.

“In the wake of the Ebola outbreak in Kasese District, I urge you all to embrace prevention measures such as avoid direct contact with body  fluids of a person suspected or infected with Ebola, always wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water,”  Dr. Aceng said.

In the wake of the #Ebola outbreak in Kasese District, I urge you all to embrace prevention measures such as;
1.Avoid direct contact with body fluids of a person suspected or infected with Ebola
2.always wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water

Read more?? and share widely pic.twitter.com/6LRQgZ8Igf

— Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng Ocero (@JaneRuth_Aceng) June 13, 2019

Uganda has been on high alert since an Ebola outbreak was reported in the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2018.

Related

Tags: Ministry of Health
Share3Tweet2Send
Rachael Kulanyi

Rachael Kulanyi

Related Posts

Ugandan scientists move closer to HIV treatment injection taken once every two months that could replace daily ARV pills

by Matooke Republic
2 weeks ago

...

Here are the health facilities offering the “HIV-Preventing Injection”

by Matooke Republic
2 weeks ago

...

Uganda receives 19,200 doses of twice-yearly injectable HIV prevention drug, but when and where will it be rolled out?

by Matooke Republic
3 months ago

...

Uganda launches trial vaccine to combat Sudan strain of Ebola

by Matooke Republic
1 year ago

...

Health Ministry says Uganda is prepared to handle Human Metapneumovirus (HMPV): Here is what you need to know about the virus as cases rise in China

by Matooke Republic
1 year ago

...

Next Post

Vinka to thrill fans with signature cocktail drink at Ciroc Pop Night

MP Muhammad Nsereko dragged to court over selling a road reserve at Shs 800m

RECOMMENDED

CDF Muhoozi Kainerugaba.

Muhoozi announces anti-corruption operation, says anyone can be arrested except the President and First Lady

May 19, 2026
L-R: Paul Mwiru and David Lewis Rubongoya.

NUP names Paul Mwiru as candidate for Speaker of the 12th Parliament

May 19, 2026

MOST VIEWED

  • Justine Nameere and Speaker Anita Among.

    Justine Nameere claims Anita Among’s Rolls-Royce was a gift, says the Speaker has many wealthy friends

    31 shares
    Share 12 Tweet 8
  • Here’s everything you need to know about Speaker Anita Among’s new car Mercedes Benz S500

    269 shares
    Share 108 Tweet 67
  • Who was Anita Among before joining NRM and rising to Speaker of Parliament?

    28 shares
    Share 11 Tweet 7
  • Speaker Among’s expansive residence in Bukedea; here are the details

    155 shares
    Share 62 Tweet 39
  • MUHOOZI: I have never sat in a Rolls-Royce in 52 years as Museveni’s son

    44 shares
    Share 18 Tweet 11
Matooke Republic

Uganda's only free Newspaper. Out every Thursday. Freshly peeled info. kiwatule, Kampala, Uganda.

  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos

© Matooke Republic 2024

© Matooke Republic 2024

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.